This program accommodates male and females aged 16-25 years old.
TILP is a 12 month program that aims to assist individuals become self sufficient, develop community linkages and live independently in their community while staying in subsidised rental accommodation.
Types of Houses/Units
Our houses (all fully furnished) are predominately based in the Western Sydney Suburbs:
- 1 bedroom bedsit (upon availability)
- 2 bedroom apartment. Shared accommodation (upon availability)
- 3 bedroom House. Shared accommodation (upon availability)
Each person interested in moving to TILP takes part in a comprehensive assessment/ interview/ meeting to determine how suitable the program is for them. We have limited units so placement is always subject to availability.
In order to access TILP you need to be;
- homeless or at risk of homelessness
- in a day program or willing to engage in a day program
- able to pay rent, bills and living costs on a fortnightly basis
- willing to engage with a Caseworker
Each Client has a Caseworker who will support them by
- Advocating for them and ensuring they have access to all services they require (making referral's for health, education and training where appropriate)
- Working to develop their life skills
- Helping to plan and budget appropriately
- Working to develop a case plan that will assist them to reach their goals in living independently in long term stable accommodation
- Assisting with seeking long term private rental accommodation
Before moving in you must have 2 weeks rent in advance. Roughly $100, or 25% of your income if in employment.
There is a 3 month probation period. All clients must engage in the program to stay on beyond the 3 months.
MYC Intake and Referral:
Phone: 9672 9288
Fax: 9672 9302 (Confidential)
Mobile: 0427 288 195