As a specialist youth organisation, Marist Youth Care provides services for over 1,000 young people and their families every year. We focus on providing services in the Western Sydney area.
Up to 100 young people (12-25 years) are in full-time care in our residential programs at any one time. Most of these young people are disengaged from their families, schools and the community.
Our programs and services have been carefully developed, with young people as the focus for everything we do. Dedicated to rehabilitating and supporting youth at risk, we help address the many complex issues and challenges faced by young people and their families.
Our clients include:
- Young people living in residential care
- Young people at risk of exclusion from mainstream education
- Early school leavers
- Homeless youth and those at risk of homelessness
- Young Aboriginal people and their families
- Pacific Islander and African refugees and youth from other culturally and linguistically diverse groups
- Young offenders
- Young people in transition from care
- Young mothers
- Unaccompanied Minors
MYC is an accredited agency through the NSW Office of the Children’s Guardian (2012-2016).